Sunday, December 17, 2006

Soul Survivor

What's good, it's Axis. I make beats (lots) and rhyme (a little) with the Southwest rap conglomerate The Frequency, and I'm gonna keep this blog up with various beats, collaborations and tracks from the artists we work with. Just good, innovative hip hop, chronicling our steps to greatness.

This first track was recorded last year in the den I lived in in a Scottsdale condo on a MXL60 condenser mic through Garageband, this is the pre-Logic, pre studio days. The beat was made by me two years ago, and the artist is the one and only Werdperfect (pictured below), who at the time was working at Ihop with my poetry partner Jason. Now he's in LA, cleaning toilets for Epitaph and occassionally opening for the likes of Lyrics Born and Aesop Rock. Track is called Soul Survivor, download it here

Photo by yours truly, for more photo work check out my photo blog.

No comments: